Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I Want Some Cows! (Part Two)

So, I have been reading this book about raising cattle.  It's full of REALLY helpful info, like what dual purpose breeds are the best to get.   I am really looking forward to raising them.  My mom said I can even keep a cow for mating with a bull, and for milk so we can have a calf and milk at the same time! As you can imagine, I am a very happy girl.  So, anyway back to the point of this blog post which is to tell you what I have learned about taking care of these beautiful animals.  I'm learning that even if you have some cattle on a pasture, you will need to provide a pen for them.  A corral will provide shelter from the elements. It is also helpful for when you need to give them vaccinations, treat a sick cow or help a cow calve if she has problem

And that's the view from here! Check back soon for "Part 3" in my "I Want a Cow!" Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment